Saturday 29 November 2008



A few months ago there was a discussion on the tatting group I am in called Here-Be-Tatters about what to do with all the tatting pieces that we start but don't finish because of an error etc. It was suggested that we make a crazy quilted square and add our tatted pieces to it, and a challenge was born. Sue Hanson our list mom at the time offered to supply anyone interested with a bundle of fabrics. Well anyone who knows me will know that I just could not resist an offer like this. The fabulous bundle of fabrics duly arrived together with ribbons, threads and beads, all colour coordinated. Scrummy! This is as far as I have got with the quilted square, the tatting is pinned in place and I will add the embroidery over the coming weeks. I intend to make a tote bag and add the finished square to one side.

This is going to be on the other side of the bag. I couldn't resist making some more of my fabric with the scraps left over from the quilt square. It is my contribution to recycling. At my guild meeting last night I was lucky to purchase some edging strip to hide the edges and which will coordinate perfectly with this fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some lovely fabrics. I've always thought tatting is the perfect embellishment for CQ Squares! Looking forward to the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty fabrics that all go together. Great plan for using those odd pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete